Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Adventure Tsinelas

After 6 months, 6 countries, 2 conflict zones, 1 hand restitching, and who knows how many miles walked and rivers forded, I decided it was time for a new pair of sandals.

I'm finding myself a bit sentimental though. The old pair and I have been through a lot together -- from the floods of Manila to dirt-track crossings between Shan State and China -- and despite their girlish exterior, they've always served so well that I dubbed them the "adventure sandals."

I thought they deserved some kind of memorial. Goodbye Tsinelas. Goodbye Asia. Hello grad school, starting again tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wild time -- let's meet up in CA soon. I'm back in the US on 3 September, back in CA on 8 September. Hopefully in your neck of the woods by late September for a brief trip. What's on your plate this semester? Any interesting courses?

RIP Tsinelas -- beautiful!

Isabel E said...

Sarah-
Good luck in Vietnam. I have, as usual, waaay too much on my plate this semester, but I'm excited to be devoting more time to journalism. Will you be here for AAA? Keep me updated on your plans!