Friday, June 13, 2008

Coming down the mountain

I'm back in the city again (Dipolog) after visiting communities up in the mountains. I'm a bit worn out, especially after the trip down.
I tagged along with people from 2 local NGOs working on implementing livelihood programs as part of the GRP-RPMM peace process. On the way back, we caught a ride down to the city with most of the barangay, since they were going to a wedding in town.
(This is after 4 of us got off. And all the people standing around will get back on)
We were fortunate not to have to walk, but it was a pretty grueling trip. I counted 34 people in the truck, (from grandmothers to babies to one foreigner wishing her legs were about 6 inches shorter) plus two terrified pigs and a chicken.

1 comment:

coffeewriter said...

I remember this ride.
I was holding on to a small portion of the pants of a fellow passenger just to keep me in balance.