Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cabazon's Creationist Dinosaurs

This friendly looking dinosaur at a truckstop in Cabazon, Southern California:
Holds a creationist museum in its belly.


You climb up its tail, and are greeted by exhibits like this:

Finally, when you reach the top of the stairs, you arrive in the mueum/gift shop, where a variety of dinosaur paraphenalia is sold, and a slack-jawed adolescent stares at a video of a sermon about how Noah took dinosaurs onto the ark with him.

"But of course, he took baby dinosaurs. Why? Because they're small...duh! And light. This will be important later." (Verbatim, to the best of my memory. I only wish I was making this up.)

[it's worth clicking to view the larger picture sizes, and actually read the exhibit labels]

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think it was actually dinosaur eggs...because, you know, those are even lighter than baby dinosaurs. It's common sense -- a baby giraffe is lighter (and smaller) than a big giraffe.

Isabel E said...

Ha! You might be right. Because I seem to recall learning that the largest dinosaur egg is smaller than a football.
Thanks for taking me to such fantastic cultural attractions.